Thursday, May 7, 2020

Try-It-Out Thursday Challenge G

Good morning!  I really miss seeing you in our FPD Science Lab, BUT I am so excited by the fun distance learning we are doing together!!!  

Today's STEAM challenge is definitely one of my favorites!  I want you to try building a RUBE GOLDBERG machine.  What's that?  It's a really complicated machine that YOU INVENT that is designed to do a really simple task.  Look at this picture of an example of a machine invented to staple a piece of paper.
Rube Goldberg machines may not always work perfectly, but they are always a ton of fun to make!  Click HERE for a VIDEO of Sadie's Rube Goldberg machine invented to try to throw away a piece of paper.


Want to see a REALLY COMPLICATED Rube Goldberg machine?  Click HERE for a fun music video demonstration.  WOW! How long do you think it took them to set up their machine?

I hope you have fun, use your creativity, and try new things!!!    Email me a picture or short video of your design if you like at shannon.bryant@fpdmacon.org.

GO VIKINGS!!!  Love, Mrs. Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st Grade: Garden Day