Thursday, April 30, 2020

Try-It-Out Thursday Challenge F


It's Thursday!!!  That means I have another Try-It-Out science challenge for you!  

Today's challenge is another INERTIA challenge.  By now, I know that you know the law of inertia states that an object in motion or at rest will remain in motion or at rest, unless acted on by an outside force.   Let's test this law again today with a fun experiment!

Below is the experiment I want you to try.  You will need an empty plastic bottle, a pencil, and a piece of paper.  At our house, we just cut a piece of regular notebook paper in half lengthwise.


Click HERE to see a VIDEO of Tucker and Tate demonstrating; then I want you to give it a try!


I'd love to see you experimenting with this challenge!  You can email me a picture or a short video of your attempts at moving the paper out from under the bottle but leaving the bottle in place at shannon.bryant@fpdmacon.org.


Go Vikings!  Love. Mrs. Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st Grade: Garden Day