Thursday, April 23, 2020

Try-It-Out Thursday Challenge E


It's Thursday!!!  That means I have another Try-It-Out challenge for you!  

Today's challenge is like our week B challenge--it's all about INERTIA.  What is inertia?  Do you remember?  The law of inertia states that an object in motion or at rest will remain in motion or at rest, unless acted on by an outside force.   

Below is the experiment I want you to try.  All you need is a stack of coins, checkers, or plastic chips.  (We used quarters, because we found that larger coins were easier to work with.)


Click HERE to see a VIDEO of Tate demonstrating; then I want you to go give it a try!


I'd love to see you experimenting with this challenge!  You can email me a picture or a short video of your attempts at moving the bottom coin and leaving the stack in place at shannon.bryant@fpdmacon.org.


Go Vikings!  Love. Mrs. Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st Grade: Garden Day